Founded in 1956, the University of South Florida has grown into a dynamic and respected research university with almost 50,000 students representing more than 130 countries. We have traditional campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota as well as online degree programs that offer students convenience and flexibility in how they reach their education goals.
Founded in 1956
Nearly 50,000 students
Students from 130 Countries
Campuses in Tampa, Sarasota, & St. Petersburg
AccreditationThe University of South Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of South Florida.
HIMSS Approved Education Provider
As a result of meeting the Healthcare Information and Management System Society's (HIMSS) rigorous standards for health IT education, USF have been named a HIMSS Approved Education Partner (AEP). USF is also a member of the HIMSS Academic Organizational Affiliate (AOA) program, qualifying eligible students for a complementary HIMSS student membership, Learning Center access, and a variety of discounts. For more information on the HIMSS student membership click here.
The University of South Florida’s Morsani College of Medicine features physicians and other professionals who also are dedicated educators. Their efforts led to USF Health moving up significantly in the 2017 U.S. News & World Report rankings for Best Medical Schools in Research. The school also ranks 66 out of 139 universities in the number of National Institutes of Health grants received by faculty, according to the latest rankings from the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research.
Students can communicate with instructors in a variety of ways, including email, chat and discussion boards. They are dedicated to working with you to achieve your academic goals. For more information about our faculty click here.
Rankings and Accolades
USF Health’s Morsani College of Medicine
U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 56th in 2018 list of Best Medical Schools: Research
University of South Florida
U.S. News & World Report:
- Ranked 159th on 2017 list of Best Colleges - National Universities
- Ranked 83rd on 2017 list of Best Colleges - Top Public Schools
- Ranked among the top graduate schools for a master’s in nursing, a doctor of nursing practice, biological science, chemistry and computer science in 2017
- Ranked among the top graduate schools in health in a number of programs, including audiology, clinical psychology, health care management, nursing anesthesia, pharmacy, physical therapy, public health, rehabilitation counseling, social work and speech-language pathology in 2017
- Ranked as a Best College for Veterans (2018)
- Ranked 29th on 2017 Best Online Program rankings in Graduate Computer Information Technology programs
- USF Tampa is ranked 46th among public universities for social mobility, research and civic engagement according to Washington Monthly (2016).
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Named one of the Top 100 Best Values in Public Colleges (#45) in 2016
Times Higher Education
- Ranks in the top 50 among U.S. public institutions (2016)
Dive Higher Education
- Named Institution of the Year (2017)
- USF is ranked 25th nationally for research expenditures and designated by the Association of American Universities (AAU) for "very high research activity"
- Ranked #1 for Best for Vets: Colleges 2017 by Military Times EDGE magazine
USF Bull For Life
Once you become a University of South Florida graduate, you join tens of thousands of graduates around the world. There are many notable Bulls alumni, including current or retired chief executives at SeaWorld Parks, Walt Disney, FedEx and Google, former mayors and members of the U.S. Congress, and a university chancellor.