Founded in 1956, the University of South Florida has grown into a dynamic and respected research university with almost 50,000 students representing more than 130 countries. We have traditional campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota as well as online degree programs that offer students convenience and flexibility in how they reach their education goals.
Founded in 1956
Nearly 50,000 students
Students from 130 Countries
Campuses in Tampa, Sarasota, & St. Petersburg
AccreditationThe University of South Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of South Florida.
The University of South Florida’s Morsani College of Medicine features physicians and other professionals who also are dedicated educators. Their efforts led to USF Health moving up significantly in the 2016 U.S. News & World Report rankings for Best Medical Schools in both Primary Care and Research. The school also ranks 48th out of 139 universities in the number of National Institutes of Health grants received by faculty, according to the latest rankings from the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research.
Students can communicate with instructors in a variety of ways, including email, chat and discussion boards. They are dedicated to working with you to achieve your academic goals.
Rankings and Accolades
USF Health’s Morsani College of Medicine
U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 63rd on 2017 list of Best Medical Schools: Research
- Ranked 67th on 2017 list of Best Medical Schools: Primary Care
University of South Florida
U.S. News & World Report:
- Ranked 159th on 2017 list of Best Colleges - National Universities
- Ranked 83rd on 2017 list of Best Colleges - Top Public Schools
- Ranked among the top graduate schools for a master’s in nursing, a doctor of nursing practice, biological science, chemistry and computer science in 2017
- Ranked among the top graduate schools in health in a number of programs, including audiology, clinical psychology, health care management, nursing anesthesia, pharmacy, physical therapy, public health, rehabilitation counseling, social work and speech-language pathology in 2017
- Ranked as a Best College for Veterans (2016)
- Ranked 14th on 2016 Best Online Program rankings in Graduate Computer Information Technology programs
- USF Tampa is ranked 46th among public universities for social mobility, research and civic engagement according to Washington Monthly (2016).
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Named one of the Top 100 Best Values in Public Colleges (#45) in 2016
Times Higher Education
- Ranks in the top 50 among U.S. public institutions (2016)
- USF is ranked 25th nationally for research expenditures and designated by the Association of American Universities (AAU) for "very high research activity"
USF Bull For Life
Once you become a University of South Florida graduate, you join tens of thousands of graduates around the world. There are many notable Bulls alumni, including current or retired chief executives at SeaWorld Parks, Walt Disney, FedEx and Google, former mayors and members of the U.S. Congress, and a university chancellor.