Dr. Robert Deschenes and Dr. Athanasios Tsalatsanis appeared on a popular podcast recently to discuss the impact that health informatics and healthcare analytics are having on the healthcare industry.
ReachMD, a learning platform for healthcare professionals where award-winning content is delivered via a broadcast network, is the host of a podcast titled “Your Career in Healthcare.” Dr. Deschenes and Dr. Tsalatsanis answered a variety of questions in a 13-minute podcast with host Tim Rush.
Questions focused on:
- Why USF continues to take a lead role in informatics?
- What is the difference between informatics and analytics?
- How did USF’s healthcare analytics concentration come about?
- What is happening in healthcare that makes a healthcare analytics concentration necessary?
- What are the advantages of these degrees being offered by a medical school?
- Details about faculty and their experience.
- What is the significance of the new Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics being SAS Certified?
- What healthcare professionals will benefit most from a master’s degree or graduate certificate in healthcare analytics?
- What size medical offices need experts in these fields, or are these programs aimed at major hospitals?
Hear the full interview from ReachMD here.
For more information about what makes USF Health’s programs different from others, check out these articles.